Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Q jet throttle bracket from a caddy- lets see who really knows q jets

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by COCHEV, Jul 17, 2003.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

got a q jet off ebay. numbers say its off a 75 caddy. well the thing is amazingly clean looking. only prob is the bracket where the throttle cable and return spring hook on is not there. it is not yor typical cheby style where the bracket is a pressed on the throttle shaft. there are to small threaded holes where it looks like something could go. anyone know what i'm talking about? its as if this model had a bolt on bracket and i don't have it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i looked at all the other auctions and found another carb like mine. the seller did not have the bracket either. if i have to i'll swap out the throttle shaft from one of my cheby models, but i'd rather not. anyone know what this bracket should look like and where to get one? i struck out at all my local junkyards. here is a pic
    of what my carb looks like, although this carb is off a buick

[​IMG]

2. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

wow! no one???

3. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

I've got two of them (both off '80 Cadillacs with a 368) down in the garage. I just looked at them, and lo and behold, the bracket for the throttle cable is held on to that little bracket that you can see on the shaft with two screws. It looks similar to the bracket that is pressed/peened on to the end of the shaft of a Chevy Q-Jet. I don't have a digi here to take a pic for you. I didn't even notice the difference when I pulled them off the cars, since I took all the brackets with the carbs. I can't understand why anyone would remove that bracket from the carb. It seems like it is part of the carb that woud always stay with it. Maybe they bought a rebuilt carb from the parts store, and it did not come with the bracket? It looks like you could make one pretty easily, or make a trip to the pick and pull and screw someone else out of their bracket.