Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Q-Jet, Truck Avenger OR Predator Carb

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by IronMan, Feb 3, 2003.

1. IronMan

IronMan 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for some real world experiences with the truck avenger or predator carbs. Everyone is running a Q-Jet, so no info needed there. Any help from someone running one of these carbs would be appreciated. I need to deciede what i'm going to run on this engine. I will be unable to run Fuel Injection on my cadillac engine(maybe shoulda gone Chevy) /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. The biggest cfm throttle body FI kit i could find was 670 cfm. I need at least a 800 cfm throttle body. Any info on those two carbs or a possible FI setup would be greatly appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Dont know about the carbs but if you want FI. This should feed that caddy no problem.
    go here: bgfuel.com and click on fuel Injection.
    Heard its a Good system. I know a guy in Calif that runs one on his road race Mustang. The engine is built pretty much to winston cup specs. He likes it.

3. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

ran a truck avenger on my sub and loved it but it was 4x2 and never went off road on the street it was great

4. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

5. jtpepper

jtpepper Registered Member

Just a thought,but check out the Demon carb's from Barry Grant.My buddy put one his drag car,same cfm,and picked up almost half a second off his e.t..GOD Bless,jtpepper

6. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

When I get some time, Im going to be ditching my Edelbrock for my Truck avenger. I'll let you know when I get it on.

7. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

I ran the biggest truck avenger they had, the 670 I believe, on my Cad 500 and it sucked /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif! It had great take off, but once that big engine started to breathe, I lost all my power. At about 3000 rpm it started making this real loud sucking sound /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif which continued for about 500 RPM (maybe that was the fuel line in the gas tank /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif). So, to sum up, great low end grunt, but chokes the bigger engines. I sent mine back to where I bought it and got a 850 edelbrock RPM q-jet. Now the Caddy runs like a raped ape /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. The secondaries on that thing are unbelievable. If I had the money, I'd spring for the Holley Commander 950 FI /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.
    Sincerely,
    Chris

8. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Here's a recent thread partly on the same subject.

Predator carbs