Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Q-jet vs. Holley Pro-Jection

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mrk5, Jul 6, 2004.

1. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I'm debating between a Jet performance Q-jet and Holley Pro-Jection (670cfm version).

I'm concerned with any complexity of the Pro-Jection or if there are any known problems with the system.

I've always been a keep simple with a carb, and stick with what you know type guy.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've heard the Holley Pro-Jection is crap. Lots of people having problems with it. As much as I am anti-Edelbrock, I think you'd be much better off with thier Pro-Flow EFI system.

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I have had good luck with Holly's Projection systems. I have used both with good success. I think you would be very happy.

That is speaking from first hand experience, not what I've "heard". /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. mrk5

Well I was looking at e-bay and I could possibly pick one up for less than the Jet Perf Q-jet.

The one I was looking at is analog and not digital, does this make a difference.

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

My 2 barrel unit was an analog. I liked it. You could drive down the road and make adjustments on the fly (dials on the side). Much easier to setup then the digital unit. My Four Barrel unit is digital and you have to use a laptop to make adjustments. It takes longer that way but you can really dial in the fuel map to exactly what you want.

I wouldnt pay over $400 for a used 2 barrel unit. They are $700-something new.

6. mrk5

My goal is to pay no more than $250 if I can help it. I may go $300. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

You know in my searches it seems like your the only one with firsthand knowledge on this setup. Guess I know who to ask if need help.