Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. K5Buckeye

K5Buckeye Registered Member

The Q-jet in my 72 needs replaced. The Jegs catalog suggests a 750 cfm. Is that what size came stock? 750 seems huge for a stock 350. What do you guys suggest?

1972 K5
    1991 Jimmy

2. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

750 would be too big for a Holley, but remember that Q-Jets have tiny primaries and huge secondaries instead of just four big barrels, so you will get better throttle response and idle with a 750 Q-jet than most other carbs. I think that the stock ones were all at least 650cfm and some were as big as 850.

<font color=green>"It is generally not adviseable to eject directly over the area you just bombed"</font color=green>

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

GM used both 750 and 795 cfm Q-Jets.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

you have to remember that the q-jet only uses thew air and fuel it needs via vacume. where a holly will try to use as much as you tell it to.
    i have a carter 650 on mine but will be going back to the q-jet soon. they dont make carter 650 anymore but ther are 600's and my buddy has one of those. it does fine but if it was mine i would take the 10 min to jet it out.
    Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.

5. K5Buckeye

K5Buckeye Registered Member

Thanks dudes! I was just comparing the q-jet to the 750 DP on my Chevelle 396. Guess it wasn't apples to apples. As you can see, I'm not too versed when it comes to motors and stuff. I kind of plug and chug, ask questions later. But not this time!!

1972 K5
    1991 Jimmy