Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Q-Logic kick panels

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 88K5Jimmy, Jul 29, 2001.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Are q-logic kickpanels worth the money, or can I make some that would trun out almost as good and still perform the same? Also, does the driver side interfere with the operation of the e-brake? Has anybody made any of these kind of kickpanels that can give me any clues? Thanks in advance.
    88K5Jimmy

2. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

It is close to the e-brake, but will not interfere.

I have a question about them as well. Are they suppose to replace the kickpanels or go over them? I have seen pics of them both ways. They are not an exact replacement for the stock panels as far as shape goes, but they can go on by themselves. Which way is the best way?

Good lord. The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up it's butt.

3. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

depending on the speakers you use... by applying them over the exsisting panels you will run less air space inside... Personally i would use them as replacements (this would also give you a cleaner look, and might not protrude out as much.. Also my want to think about using dynomat under them to keep things quite...

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]

4. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

I definately will be using the Dynomat under them (you have a cheap source on it?). I think I may use them w/o the original panels, unless others have more compelling thoughts.

Good lord. The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up it's butt.

5. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

well you can get it just about anywhere nowadays... but a cheap alterative to it... some will call me nuts on this one... but go to the local auto parts store and buy a can of the rubber undercoating spray and spray it on where you want it to go... I have personally applied this to a friends car and it worked great...

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]