Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

qjet issues....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84blazend, Apr 5, 2007.

1. 84blazend

84blazend Registered Member

ok, so ive got a problem with the qjet in my 305 84 blazer. I rebuilt it last fall, and i haven't had any problems with it until now. When i accelerate from a stop (traffic lights and whatnot), the damn thing literally falls on its face and dies. If i get out of the throttle, it runs ok again. I believe it had .73 jets in it when i had it apart. Any ideas here?

Are there any good websites for modifying the qjet at all? I've rebuilt 2 so far (the blazer and a friends 85 el camino), and enjoyed working on them as crazy as that sounds.

2. Dudge

Dudge 1/2 ton status

http://www.amazon.com/Rochester-Car...4715855?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1175759549&sr=8-2

This is the boox everyone recommended to me. I bought a used copy off of Amazon. I haven't read all of it yet, but everyone says it has all the info you will ever need. My carb is pretty much new (reman. from AutoZone) and looks brand new. It has the same problem you state. At WOT it's an absolute dog. It doesn't even feel like it gains RPM. But at half throttle or so it runs OK. So you may have other problems. Vacuum leak, timings issues, etc. I gotta get a timing light and a vacuum guage and check out some things on mine before I go tearing into the carb.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Check the accelerator pump and linkage. Maby the accelerator pump is un hooked or not working.