Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Qjet mixture screws, are some opposite of normal?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mrk5, Jun 15, 2005.

1. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

It seems like I've read before that some qjets have idle mixtures screws that thread in for rich and out for lean. And that there was a way to tell from outward appearances.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If there is, I've never seen them. They are all pointed "tips", that tip closes off the passage as they are screwed in.

That's gathered from 20 or so Q-jets I've played with, from the 60's to the mid 80's, CCC and all.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

not that I know of...

Some Holley crabs(oops--CARBS!) have the idle screws set up that way,the older 4150/4160 style,mostly the ones with 4 idle mixture screws(but not all!)...NO quadrajets were like that to my knowledge though--I could be wrong,but after working on GM's since my teens,and working in parts stores and junkyards for 20 years,I havent seen one like that yet--so if they DO exist,and you find one,its rare!.... :crazy:

4. Mad-Dog

Mad-Dog 1/2 ton status

Nope, all Quadrabogs (M4 and 4M) series have the same configuration on the idle air screws.
    Only some emissions oriented Holleys had that feature.

5. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Okay, must be the holley I was thinking of. My cuda came with a factory holley, and it may have been my research for that little project where I came across that.

Too many projects, and it doesn't help when they are from different manufacturers that only have firing order in common.