Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

QQ plates in NJ

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84Blazr, Oct 1, 2001.

1. 84Blazr

84Blazr Registered Member

Hey, does anyone in NJ have there Blazer registered with
    QQ(classic) plates? If so, how difficult is this? Also, doesn't the truck have to be at least 25 yrs old? Because I think there is no inspection for QQ plates......?? Thanks

Know any GOOD Wheelin' in Northwest Jersey, let me know?

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>It has to be 25 years old, and trucks are not eligable. I already tried this to get lower insurance (no point paying full price for a woods truck). My truck is a 71 so as long as my lights work I get a sticker [​IMG]. Where in NJ are you? Are you trying to avoid stability inspection?

3. 84Blazr

BigGray71,
    Thanks for the info. I live in Sussex County, Stillwater Twsp, but during the semesters I live in "beatiful" Newark on campus at NJIT. I was asking this question because I have a '77 that will be 25 yrs old next year and really didn't know if there were any advantages to haveing QQ plates. I didn't know that it didn't apply to trucks. That sucks. But also I have a an '84 that i would've considered "registering" as QQ with and extra title that I have as a '77 to avoid emissions and stability laws because of the no inspection. But I guess my whole plan just went out the window! So do wheel locally to where to live? Thanks again.

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Could you get them on a technicality... my pink slip says I gotta station wagon, and I know others do too.... wonder if that'd work?

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    &lt;&gt;&lt; PSALMS 23 &gt;&lt;&gt;

5. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Those folks are racist towards trucks and I will not have it!!! [​IMG]

Seriously though, why are trucks 'exempt'?

<font color=blue>Women should put pictures of missing men on beer cans...</font color=blue>
    Website link is in my profile [​IMG]

6. 84Blazr

Chevy gal,
    Thats true, my title does refer to it as a "wagon"....? I wonder if that would work?
    Biggray--did you try the "wagon" approach?

7. Chris Demartini

<font color=blue>Mine refers to it as a wagon too, but I think the state looks at it just to make sure its not a rolling junkyard. I dont know why they dont allow 4WD trucks to have QQ plates, but its probably for the same reason that most of the colector insurance companies dont insure them.
    I live in Bergen County, I go to school in Mahwah and I work in Paramus. One of my freinds from school lives in Sussex, he has an 84 that he hydrolocked yesterday in a river somewhere. Where do you wheel?

8. 84Blazr

Well I haven't been out wheeling in my blazer in a while because I am in the middle of swapping motors and axles out. When I do go, its usually on a friends property that has a lot of land at the base of the mountains near Stokes St. forrest, by the Appalachian trail. So where does your friend from Sussex wheel?

9. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Watch out for that...I have been BUSTED on that technicallity! I was 1 in below the max bumper height for a truck, and had a cop that was kind enuff to point out that my Cherokee was TECHNICALLY a CAR! (as he was writing the ticket) A sharp cop will catch that and you can be in violation of the lift laws.[​IMG]

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]

10. Chris Demartini

<font color=blue>He rides quads and stuff behind Sussex Motorsports on rt 23. He also goes to some other places I dont know. Theres not much for the trucks up there, he just found this one river and hit it hard enough to suck in water. Now he has an excuse to swap a 350 in place of the 305. We wheel on Stag Mt. in Mahwah sometimes, and I went to south jersey with some guys from here 3 weeks ago. Heres the pictures, mine is the primer 1st gen http://community.webshots.com/user/chrisd71k5