Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Q's about the 700r4

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trailbreaker, May 4, 2005.

1. trailbreaker

trailbreaker Newbie

sorry if this a repeate question i tried the search but pulled up nada

i was wondering how tough is the 700r4. And thew only reason that i ask is beacuse:

the other day heading home from work i lost 6 qrts of tranny fluid. The people i bought it from put on an additional trans cooler. But what i didn't know was that when they did it they cut the lines to the one in the radiator and Y'ed it in. there were no lips put in at where the cuts were made so it made it easy for the hose to slip right off. well it slipped right off all right. right under the engine as i was going. so nothing landed on the exhaust or engine to create smoke or give me a warnning sign. i drove about a mile and a half with fluid pouring out. i finally noticed when i steeped on the gas and the engine reved up and she didn't move.

so i connected the hose. filled her up and drove her home. i have been driving her very easy. noticed no slippaing of the trans. and she still runs like the day i bought her from the last owners.

so anyone with some info would be helpful, unless its replacement time. But you can't always be lucky.

Thanks

2. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

if you reved the engine up and it did not move you all ready have done damage. You might have sliped some clutch disks which will lead to needing a rebuild

3. Fierospeeder

Fierospeeder Banned

fill it back up drive it around and recheck your fluid. See if you notice any color differences or smells.

4. Joshinator

Joshinator Registered Member

Ive burnt some clutches from lack of fluid, asked a Tranny guy, he suggested to change the fluid and the filter. Thats been a few trips ago, and she still pulls fine, but i know the life of her has been shortened some.