Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quad Shocks?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by det45, Jun 18, 2000.

1. det45

det45 1/2 ton status

What year did the front quad shocks come out on the blazer and was it standard equipment or an option? I had a heck of a time finding replacement shocks for my 89 K5. Ended up getting gabriel gas shocks, four for the front, two for the back, and one for the steering. Are they good shocks?

2. 87K54WD

87K54WD 1/2 ton status

I've got the Quad Shock option on my truck too ('87). I believe the quad shock setup was an option. I run a totally stock K5 and I too have been looking at replacing my stock shocks. I didn't search real hard but good enough and the only ones I could find were the Gabriel VST shocks ... has like a 13/8 bore. I was told that Gabriel makes Monroe or vise versa but I'm not 100% certain but Gabriel has been in the business for a long time. If you get this message, let me know how you like the Gabriels compared to your stock shocks.

3. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

go to LMC...they have the shocks in the catalog.

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Rancho and edelbrock also make shocks for the stock dual front set up. The ranchos work gerat on my 89