Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quad to single

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pr1aw, Dec 15, 2001.

1. pr1aw

pr1aw 1/2 ton status

When I install my lift, will I have to get another bracket to install a single shock? I have the factory quadl right now.

2. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

I do believe that one of the shocks is in the position of the single shock. Probably the foremost one. Determine the single shock appropriate for tha application. Check at the dealership.
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>

3. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

When i did the 4:10 swap (housings and all) into my sub, it had the quads, the donor didn't. but the flanges on axles end were the same. Vehicle had 4 fairly new shocks, so what the heck! If frame is quad, axle dual, it seems the bolt is the big difference on the lower end.

and.. based on what the donor had, i'd think the rearward shock was the 'factory' mount. Think the 'add on' was more forward/vertical mount' (or at least it seemed on mine...)