Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quadrajet carbs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by georgiared84, Mar 14, 2003.

1. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

Is a quadrajet carb from a 305 in an 84 camaro likely to be similar to a quadrajet carb from an 84 blazer with a 305? I just got a couple on ebay to rebuild and the one from the 84 I haven't been able to get a number on. Just wondering if the two vehicles had different carbs. I paid $1 + shipping for one /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifand $3 + shipping for the other /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gifso i figured it doesn't really hurt if they are the wrong thing. Got to rebuild them, but the 84 sounds like it just had a stuck choke. We'll see /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea probobly the same thing..

3. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Didn't those have a bunch of electrical giz-mo's on them? Not sure.....

John

4. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

Not in 84. the truck and Blazer 305 quadrajets only had an electric choke. That's it.I think some models also had a idle speed soleniod but not my model. Trying to figure out if I can rebuild the camaro one to replace one in a truck.

5. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

I had an 84 camaro with the 5.0 HO. It had computer controlled carb and timing. I know because I swapped to non comp. HEI and quadrajet when I added headers and intake and couldn't tune it right.