Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quadrajet install.....vacum ports etc.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by twenty_below0, Feb 17, 2002.

1. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

OK,I am removing my Edelbrock 1405 and putting on the famous old Quadra-puke, I haven't ran one in years so could you guys, gals help me out with the install, which port for vacum advance and how do I hook the choke up to the Edelbrock performer intake, the carb is a Carter made quadrajet from a 79" K5,(I believe) # 705920 and under that it is 9589CB, (I believe) the choke is ran off heat I believe so how do I deal with this and any other suggestions always welcome, should I run a 1" spacer? THX and I have pics if needed Mike

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I just put a holley Qjet reman. on my 83. As you face the carb I put the vac adv on the lower right port, the EGR on the lower left and the smog pump goes on the upper left. And the PCV goes on the bottom in the middle. Hope this helps you a little.

That jeep thing? Yah I understand it....... Like my Blazer? <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5>http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5</a>
    Jim

3. mdm365

mdm365 1/2 ton status

your vacume advance should be ported this means when you bring the idle up you should feel the vacume pull and at idle there should not be any at all i belive the port you want is the small one driverside about middle of the carb(that is were mine is)the choke i went to an electric model.you should be able to get that at summitt. hope this helps you mike <a target="_blank" href=http://mikes77k5blazer.rockcrawler.com>my k5</a>

1977 k5-blazer4"pro comp lift 3.5 in rear dana 44,12 bolt rear, 350 &,205 t-case,465 trans,flotech headers and mufflers

4. twenty_below0

THX on the advice I didn't even think about feeling the vacum port, DUH.......is there anyway to hook up the choke that's on the carb to the Edelbrock manifold? and if I go to electric where do I get that from ( the temperature controlled wire ) since the one that's on the truck now is manual?? THX Mike

5. mdm365

mdm365 1/2 ton status

no problem mike I sent you and e-mail bace not sure you will get it any way you should be able to get the heat choke from edelbrockand all you need for the electric is 12 volts when the key is on. you may have a terminal on the fuse box that says ingnition or ing put a test light on it and see if it comes on with the key on if so thats cool just plug in there.mine is there and works great you dont need a choke in las vegas !!! glad to help any time!! mike m <a target="_blank" href=http://mikes77k5blazer.rockcrawler.com>my k5</a>

1977 k5-blazer4"pro comp lift 3.5 in rear dana 44,12 bolt rear, 350 &amp;,205 t-case,465 trans,flotech headers and mufflers&lt;P ID="edit"&gt;&lt;FONT class="small"&gt;&lt;EM&gt;Edited by mdm365 on 02/17/02 10:04 PM.&lt;/EM&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/P&gt;<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by mdm365 on 02/17/02 10:06 PM.</FONT></P>

6. twenty_below0

THX for the help and on the 12 volt supply it doesn't have to be regulated,.. as far as when to shut off,..... the choke will turn off after so many minutes,... or how can that work? If it has a constant 12 volt supply then wont the choke stay on?? THX Mike

7. mdm365

mdm365 1/2 ton status

12 volts and on and off with the key.as long as you have all that your good to go!! your choke should stay on as long as your engine is running that is what keeps it open when you turn off the engine the power will go off and alow the choke to cool and close.

1977 k5-blazer4"pro comp lift 3.5 in rear dana 44,12 bolt rear, 350 &amp;,205 t-case,465 trans,flotech headers and mufflers<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by mdm365 on 02/17/02 10:26 PM.</FONT></P>