Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quadrajet Ports

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 74Chev, Dec 22, 2002.

1. 74Chev

74Chev 1/2 ton status

Just got done installing a quadrajet to replace my edelbrock carb, which was horrible offroad. It has been a while sine I messed with a q jet and need to know which port to hook the distributor vacuum advance to. The truck I pulled it off of had it (as you are facing the carb on the truck) on the very lower left, is this right? There is also a port on the right about halfway up the carb body, was this for the cold air block off on stock air cleaners? It has a cut off hose with a screw in it. Thanks for any help.

2. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

sounds right to me.

3. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

Driver's side front port.

4. 74Chev

74Chev 1/2 ton status

Now I am really confused. One reply says to keep in on the lower left, the other says drivers side. Which is it???

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Mine is on the drivers side front of the carb. EGR *typically* the small tube on the passenger side front. Both are "timed" thus some confusion, but I believe the ports use different size tubing. (although its close)

Compare the tubing size for the vac advance to the one on the front of the carb, make sure its timed, and you should be good to go. I'm sure if we did a poll, we could find some year Q-jet that has the vac advance port sticking out of the air cleaner. (exagerration of course, but to point out that the Q-jet has many, many different port configurations)

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

yep, there are alot of variations over the years

7. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Any idea as to what year its from. Before '80, it should be on the right side, middle. 80 or 81 on up will have located in the lower left. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif