Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quadrajet problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ankarback, Aug 7, 2005.

1. ankarback

ankarback 1/2 ton status

My blazer has a 350 with a Rochester Quadrajet from -85 on it. When I was out wheeling yesterday it started getting a really rough idle and it smelled like it was going way too rich. Suddenly when I just had climed a big hill the idle got stuck around 3000rpm and wouldn´t go back down. I couldn´t see anything wrong with the carb or the throttlelinkage so finaly i removed the carb from the engine and tried to shake it just to see what happened.

That actually made it run normally again but after a short while to idle got real rough again and when I was driving home I lost the idle completely. Now the engine dies when I let go of the gas and that´s very frustrating. I almost run over a big roadsign when I lost the powersteering. :doah:

Anyone heard of this problem. I can´t see anything wrong with the carb so I´m thinking of taking it apart. Anything special to look for?