Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quadrajet to 2bbl holley?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by OffRoadOhio, Nov 30, 2003.

1. OffRoadOhio

OffRoadOhio Registered Member

I need a quadrajet 4bbl intake, to 2bbl holley carb adaptor plate. Or a 4 barrel holley to 2 bbl holley adaptor. I checked the local parts stores and they dont have either. Only Thing they have is 2bbl to 4bbl, and that wont work if I turn it upside down, already tried.

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Give Summit Racing a call..

3. OffRoadOhio

I got it all workin now, quad to 4 bbl holley adator, with the 2bbl to 4brrl adaptor mounte dupsdie down on tha tone.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I was about to say, just use the 2-4 adaptor and flip it upside down. All my dad did on his race car, hes required to run a 2 barrel and the motor has a qjet intake.

5. OffRoadOhio

I tried to flip the 4bbl carb to 2bbl intak eupside down.. and becuase fo the way it was made, it didnt cover the secondaries all the way, and left a vaccum leak. so I had to put a qjet too 4bbl holley on to cover ti right and put the othe ron top of that. now to get it adjested and get the plugs and wires changed.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah my dad had the same problem with the secondaries. I forget what he did. he may have made an adaptor himself, wouldn't be the first time he did. The car ran very well for having such a bad intake leak.