Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quadrajet

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by btolenti, Dec 1, 2003.

1. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

There are TONS of variation in all Q-jets, and CCC Q-jets are just as bad/worse to compensate for when changing to another engine size.

If you can't rebuild your existing carb, I don't think you'll find tuning a CCC carb up your alley either.

I say stick with what you have, and get it rebuilt. Do it yourself especially.

I'm sure people DO buy these carbs and have no problems, but since I know a small fraction of how many variations exist on these things, I'd know it wasn't set up correctly for MY MOTOR.

3. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

I know of a place in Fremont that did a great job on mine for $250. I have to look for the name. It's a one man operation.
    PM me if you want it and I'll look for it.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I have one of their carbs on my truck. Was 3 days to my door. The performance of mine is awesome. They ship it set up close and you would have to adjust it. Mine was in a box with stage 1 written on the side. Mine isn't computer controlled and they have removable plug on the top to reach in with a phillips and adjust the piece that limits the up and down on the main rods. I have been darn near vetical ( well at least it felt like it ) and have never stalled . I also blew fine on my emissions test. If you order one don't do it online, it would be better to call them and let them know your engine size , cam, gears and transmission so they can get you in the ball park. It also looks great, good finish and the zinc plated parts look factory new.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

250 is crazy insane for a stock rebuild, you can rebuild a Q jet very easily in only an hour or so if you dont need to soak in it carb cleaner acid soak, it should only cost an hour of labor to rebuild a Q jet, they are easy to do.

good luck

6. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

Rebuilding a carb is something you should at least attempt once in your life. If it turns out to be too much for ya, by a rebuilt, but try it first yourself. Q-jets are easy to do. Setting it up can be a little more challenging but can be done.Try this for tuning tips. FL 4x4 Q-jet pages Go to a junkyard or swap meet and get one to rebuild so you can take your time and not mess with the one on the truck.

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

The CCC carbs are a bit different than "standard" carbs, if not for the fact that the TPS' typically seem to be shot.

You almost never have the mixture control solenoid go bad, but TPS is pretty much a given, if nothing else, it will have a "dead" spot.

8. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

Holy Carb, Batman!

I just replaced my carb with one from I-5 Auto. It's like a whole new truck!!!!

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Exactly, I loved mine too. I kept my original one in case( rebuilt by me but leaks around shafts ), and its gonna stay in a box. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif