Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quality cheap auto 9mm

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by surpip, Oct 6, 2005.

1. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

is there such a thing?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The cheaper pistols don't last as long. Had a Jennings 9mm and it was a fine gun, but after running 6 to 12 boxs of rounds through it 2 to 3 times a week for a couple of years, it started too crack around the trigger gaurd. Oh well, I got more then my hundred bucks of enjoyment out of it I guess. [​IMG]

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

glocks are inexpensive... or maybe a S&W sigma? depends on your definition of cheap I guess. I have an H&K USP so damn near every semiauto 9mm handgun seems cheap. lol.

j

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The CZ's aren't really all that expencive. I really like my CZ 85 Combat but I'd recomend looking at a few different guns at your local gunshop. See witch one fits your hand the best, what feels right to you.

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

ya def. will do i just wanted to get a good ide of wich brands are quality

6. jekbrown

good call on CZ, forgot about them. Their stuff is always of good quality AND inexpensive... tough combo to beat. I wouldn't mind having one of their newer big bore rifles at all. Very nice and less than half the price of some of their competitors.

I guess there was a reason the Nazis left the Czech armorers alone when they took over in '38... they make good chit.

j

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Someone here on CK5 recomended the CZ's back when I needed too replace my Jennings, and I've been very happy with it.

8. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

The sigma series rocks hard as sh** i love mine it is the most comfortable thing i've ever fired!!!! :D

9. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

All this gun talk...planning something?:thinking:

10. bigcountryk5

yes, protecting me and mine!! :wink1:

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Good answer.

12. bigcountryk5

Best answer!!

13. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Bersa, Star, Llama, and the Smiths made in the 80's all should be pretty cheap and are decent guns. Stay away from the Llamas from the 70s and 80s though, their heat treating on small parts was a joke. Also, some importers have P38s made up of non ser # matching parts. They are also good guns. I agree bout the CZ guns, I believe that the Desert Eagle is a close cousin to these guns. There is also an Italian manu that makes CZ closes Tanflagio(?).

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I enjoy going out to the shooting range and blasting away. It's a good stress reliever. I always stay calmer for a few days after killing the AOL disc's I get in the mail all the time.

15. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

How cheap is "cheap"?

You could pick up a HiPoint for like $99, but that's like the Kia of the gun world. You should be able to get a decent one for $400-500

Mike

16. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Wait until you get out here. There's a place called "Brigadoon's" that sells some inexpensive reliable firearms, and it takes about twenty minutes to walk out of the door with them.

John

17. johnnyclueless

johnnyclueless Registered Member

Steyr M-9 - very nice 9mm - can pick one up for around 300 bones.

18. jekbrown

another good call... forgot about the old Steyrs. Back when they made the M9/S9 series their US distributor went belly up and a TON of M9/S9s got sold in bulk to the larger gun sellers (guys you see in shotgun news etc) hella cheap. I think it may have been a bankruptcy deal or something. In any case, the M9/S9 is a legit contender in the $500-ish combat semiauto market but because of that company going belly up you can find them dirt cheap. Sometimes as low as $300. Definitely a lot of gun for that kind of money.

I fired an S9 at my local range where you can rent guns. It was glock-like in accuracy and felt really good in my hands. These guns do have a tendency to eject brass right in your face... but with most of them that only occurs during the "break in" phase of the guns life. I have also heard that replacing the ejector with a newer one from Steyr fixes the problem also. We were test shooting the S9 trying to find a good gun for my wife to carry with her... when one piece of brass flew out of the gun and fell BETWEEN her shooting glasses and her face, burning her, naturally we decided to try something else. Its a fixable problem, but you know how women can be sometimes. Anyway, good gun, I'd carry one.

j

19. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I'll give a +1 for the CZ's. First pistol I shot was a CZ75b 9mm with about 5K round through it, after about 8-10K rounds it needed all new springs but the barrel is ok and its still very accurate (I'd say at distances I'm better with it than I am with my HK's). I have three HK USPs (45f, 40c, 9fs) and would not trade any of them. I've shot the styers, glocks, S&W sigmas, HKs, kimbers, rugers, sigs, bersa's and many others. Next on my lists of must haves is a Kimber. I've also thought about picking up a CZ75b for ****s'n'giggles just to have. It's probley just me but the two stage triggers on the styers, glocks and sigmas is not at the top of my list, however still great guns for the money.

20. monster man

monster man 1/2 ton status

Ruger P-95 bar none. Search around and you'll see it's one of the most respected 9mm's as far as quality, reliability, accuracy, longevity, and price. Massad Ayoob and thousands of others can't be wrong. The only thing it doesn't have is a high resale, but that doesn't matter since I guarantee you'll be keeping it. Out of all the guns I sold, the only one that can replace that one was my Ruger P-97. Out of every 9mm I've shot that was the smoothest, even my Glocks.