Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quality concerns

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cp87jimmy, Apr 30, 2000.

1. cp87jimmy

cp87jimmy Registered Member

Well I'm about to order some resto parts for my Jimmy such as window channel and door weather stripping. My concern is that the parts from JCW won't be as good as the parts from LMC. Does this hold true in your opinion? Any factual info I should be aware of? The reason for my concern is that JCW doesn't seem to carry any name brand parts. Should I be worried about that?
    Thanks, Chris

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I personally have never been a big fan of JCW....don't ask me why..... They just don't seem too reputable to me. But that's just my 2 cents.

L8r,

.Riz.

It's always fun till someone losses an eye....then it's just blind fun.

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

It seems LMC may be better as they specialize in what we want..I called there once and the woman who picked up didnt know anything about the products just how to punch in part numbers and place orders so I wouldnt count on any technical help from them. But that was my experiance you may have better luck....When I think JCW I think of dixie horns and bulldog hood ornaments
    Brent

4. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

I believe you will find various products from both places to be good. Just depends what you want, everything I have ordered from Whitneys has been good quality products, except for some of the metal panels, it would appear LMC has a better quality and thickness then Whitney, but then Whitney has some stuff LMC does not....just depends...

<font color=green>[​IMG]Eagle86K5[​IMG]

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Give Cheyenne Pickup Parts a try - 405-872-3399 - they too have a free catalog like LMC and are an excellent Blazer supply site.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

6. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Something else to consider...
    JCW charges shipping by how much you spend. Buy a small item that costs $50, and you could pay like $10+ for shipping. That kinda $UCK$! That's my 2 cents...

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!
    [​IMG] So many ideas, so little money...