Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quality is Job #1

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Yeah right..................... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Just over 16,000 miles on the odometer and my new patrol car is down until next week because the sending unit in the fuel tank went tits up...............

The best part was when I took it in this morning.........

Service Manager: This will take a while.

Me: Of course, it's a Ford.

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I used to love the old Ford ads...

TV voice: "Have you driven the best built American cars?"

Me: Yep!

TV voice: "Have you driven a Ford lately?"

Me: Nope!

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Great /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I just bought a pimped out Grand Marquis /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

John

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Great /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I just bought a pimped out Grand Marquis /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

John

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of have this feeling that when they pull the tank next week, they might say something about a certain dried, brown, gritty substance that is probably covering most of the tank...........

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. SkulzNBonz

So perhaps there is more to the story /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

John

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    So perhaps there is more to the story /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

John

[/ QUOTE ]

It was official cop business. I was checking out a running semi that had been left in the middle of the road. I just didn't have any idea that the road I was going down was gonna turn into a 2 foot, rutted, mud over the hood mess...............................

7. SkulzNBonz

Wheelin' the cruiser /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif I had the car checked out before I bought it, the mechanic said "careful of driving through water, the placement of the intake will try and suck water in." Sure, blame it on the car /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

John

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Actually, you have to be careful with the driving through the water part. They put the intake down at the bottom of the car, and if I'm right, it'll be that wide, black plastic looking thing you can see behind and under the bumper, about 3 inches off the ground. There's been a few Crown Vics get hydrolocked because of it.

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

you don't have a crown vic do you????if so don't get back in it.another one blew up being rearended last month.????? don't get in it thinking your not the one to die......i don't even know you but stay out if it's a CV. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    you don't have a crown vic do you????if so don't get back in it.another one blew up being rearended last month.????? don't get in it thinking your not the one to die......i don't even know you but stay out if it's a CV. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it have the tank repair done to it? I think all of our new ones came from the factory with it. That's okay, in two years when my is ready for retirement, I'm gonna campaign for one of the new pursuit Tahoes. They are just a tad slower on accelaration than a Crown Vic, but is just as fast topped out..................... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif