Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quality of the 76-91 STC Tops

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JoeAngelicchio, Jul 14, 2002.

1. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

For anyone who has either a Fast Trac or Snap Top, how is the quality of materials and workmanship? Is it double stitched, does it fit right, hardware fits right, etc.??? It would be hard to justify spending 490 + exchange (another 245 approx) for a product that may be questionable as has been mentioned on other posts. But I want a soft top soon so I need to see which path to take. Thanks.

2. JoeAngelicchio

3. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I ordered the cab curtain/tonneau cover but haven't gotten it yet. As soon as I get it I will let you know about the hardware if no one has let you know. I know that it doesn't have hoops but I think the part that bolts to the truck is the same. I think mudzer has one of these tops and thier is a write up on it here if you haven't seen it yet.

James

4. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I have one and its for sale, If my rig wasn't so high and I didn't live in a crime infested area...........I would use it but I do like to keep whats inside my rig inside where it belongs. Can't fit the rig in the garage either! Durnit!
    Bill C

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I just installed the fast trac and it went OK. It works fine but I wish that I had the option to roll up the side windows like I can the back window. I've been driving it for a month or so including a wheeling trip and it looks like its going to be a permanent addition. Now I've got a hard top that I need to get rid of! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. JoeAngelicchio

I thought you can also roll up the side windows. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif So you can only zip them out then? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Thanks.

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

The snap top was set up for rolling them up. The fast track the zip out. Rolling them is a bad Idea. First time I rolled the pback window I got two big wear spots from a very minimal amount of dirt. The Fasttrac comes with a pouch for the windows. Get some cheap beach towels to put between them so they won't get scratched. My truck is stripped inside so water just runs out without hurting anything. I just leave them home. The rest of the top will keep the seats dry as long as it's not a sideways rain. A few people have complained that the top does not seal very well to the back of the cab but report with some weatherstripping it's easily fixed.

8. JoeAngelicchio

Thanks Grim. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif