Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quality?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Confederate9, Nov 15, 2000.

1. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

are pyle speakers good quality?
    and what bout audiobahn subwoofers?
    thanks

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    "DONT BE PROUD IF IT AINT LOUD!"

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I had 2 12" pyle drivers in a vented box with about 150rms watts going to each one and I could bounce a quarter off of my roof about 2 feet. The sound quality was good and for 60$ a piece new I was the happiest bass head in the state. I also chose 4 5" pyle mid bass for the doors and they performed well...again I paid 30 bucks or so a piece for them but I was happy..it was cheap and sounded good. As for the other I have never heard of them...

3. KingSmoth

KingSmoth Registered Member

I would recommend something like Pioneer or Kenwood over Pyle, not much more expensive for their stuff. And Audiobahn makes some good stuff, their subs can get pretty frickin loud with good power to them. I heard four 15's only running off a couple Boss amps, plenty of boom, although the SQ I'm not certain of, I wasn't allowed in the vehicle, and the owner was cranking his highs also.

4. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

THe real questions is do you want a good system or a quality system? Pyle subs will sound great over the stock sustem, but you will not get a clean sound. Also, pyle subs might take a lager box, but in a K5 you should have the space. I know a Cat that had 2 18s in a K5 and the box was not any higher the the back window. At one time i had a Legacy 600W amp running a SPL 12, 4 mids and hi my car got REALL LOUD, but did not have the best sound quality. A differernt time i had an Eclips head deck, one Punch 40x2(old style) and 1 2 kicker 10s, all the highs running of the head deck, and it was a real clean sound, but did not get that loud. Again, the real questions is do you want a good system or a quality system? Do you want somthing will have a good chance of getting took from your car in the night? If you get some Pyle and a ok used amp, for in the $150 to $200 range you can has some fun. But if you want real quality, get some JL, RF, or somthing like that subs, and Alpine, Eclips or CLarion deck, Some MBQuarts, Boston, Alipine, or Eclips his and mids, and a PPI or RF amp. OH and a GOOD F***ING alarm, withg a battery back-up, door pins, Water proof Hood Pins(ask '73 K5 about the hood pins), And a Tompson Contender (Gun). the second option will cost you about $1500 if not more.

BIG COX,
    brettmcox.coloradok5.com

5. KingSmoth

KingSmoth Registered Member

Don't limit yourself to Fosgate stuff. It's good, but too expensive to me. I would take IDQ's over JL subs, and wouldn't consider the Punch line of RF subs. Also, IMO, Pioneer makes the best bang-for-the-buck HU's out there, and plenty of people would agree. And you can get a quality system that is loud AND sounds good for low cost. I am into SQ, already have my system planned out, all I need left for the system are the subs and the sub amp(changed my plans on sub amp, was given an offer I can't refuse on a sweet amp). The system won't cost an arm and a leg, will have great SQ(it will be hooked up right), and can get loud as well(which I'm not into that often).

6. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

i also agree with smoths last post about the IDQs. they are nice subs. check out http:// www.sounddomain.com you will find all the answers you need and more. and in the shop section of the page you can buy whatever you need for really good prices. but also check ebay when you decide what you want, sometimes those prices cant be beat.

Adam
    a.k.a. Adrock
    88 Chevy Blazer FI 383
    Aint nothin' like the sound of Chevy Thunder

7. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

well i will tell you that i went for quality. I have a panasonic 10 sec memory head unit, qform kickouts ( with infinity seperates ), infinity 6x9's by the rear seat and an infinity perfect 12 inch sub ran by infinity amp.(300 x 1) the deck is doing all the work for the mids but man what great sound. kinda spendy but well worth the money. a good amp is in the works for the mids.

may we all drive our chevy many miles!

baja surf nazi