Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

QualityTrailer Hitch?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by grtwhite, Sep 21, 2003.

1. grtwhite

grtwhite 1/2 ton status

I'm looking to do some towing in the near future and need a reciever hitch. What wouuld you guys suggest? Looking for about a class 3 hitch.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

In my opinion, they are all pretty good hitch manufactures, but I don't like the 3 piece units personally. I'd rather own a 1 piece solid unit.

3. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

i've got a Hidden Hitch under the back of my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif, i've never had a problem with it. it's a little beat up, but i've beat the [darn] out of it on more than one occasion. it's about $100 plus shipping from JCWhitney.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    In my opinion, they are all pretty good hitch manufactures, but I don't like the 3 piece units personally. I'd rather own a 1 piece solid unit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Who makes one though?

5. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

if you are talking about the 3 piece units, i'm pretty sure that Reese makes one. i've also seen generic name ones at farm stores like Rural King, and Farm & Home. the one piece units are made by all the major hitch manufacturers. you can get them at JCWhitney, 4Wheel Parts, and places that sell trailers. WalMart even sells them. I would definately go with a major name brand though. like Hidden Hitch, Reese or one of the few other ones.

6. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

I have a great one piece hitch on my blazer and it's made by Valley manufacturing...they have a plant in the St. Louis area. It's got several extra gussets on it compared to others i have seen.
    Blake

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have the Valley class 4 on my 1 ton 2wd truck, but it's a three piece.

I was kinda hoping to get a big heavy duty one for my big truck. I know JC Whitney sells one that they rate at class 5 or something, maybe I'll go that route.