Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quarter Panel Guard *Update*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I just wanted to let everyone know that I finally got a damn good test on my HDPE plastic quarter panel guards on my K5 last weekend. I did some wheeling on them and I got a little hosed up in a waterfall. I put my passenger side quarter panel down hard on a rock at the rear near the gas door and taillight. I did alot of shuffling back and forth trying to find the line and scraped back and forth on the plastic panel. My spotter side that my quarter panel was bowing in alot and was concerned that I was going to cause some heavy damage if I continued. I did continue and after it was said and done I came out with VERY little damage. There is some good scuffs and scraps on the plastic but the panel is almost undamaged. It has a very slight bow infront of the gas door but that is all. You can't even see it unless you are looking for it.

For a refresher, these are the panels I am referring to.

[​IMG]

just thought that some of you might want to know what is going on with the trials of these panels on K5's.

Harley

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Harley,

I've never heard of those. Is that a custom or aftermarket?

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

They are custom. They have been used on Jeeps before but they had not been done on fullsizes. I contacted the local shop that builds them for the Jeeps and had them build me a custom set for my K5. I am the trial rig and I finally got to try them out pretty heavily and they worked VERY well sofar.

The company that made them for me is www.simplyoffroad.com

Great guys that took care of me.

Harley

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

sounds like a good cure for people who care about there sheet metal.