Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quasi Rockcrawling Pics From RJ To You

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Resurrection_Joe, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Ahhhh well. I decided to go dink around in a small pile of rocks by a two track about a two miles out of town. It went fairly well, but the mediocre brakes that I had to keep stabbing led to me accidently stabbing the gas and sliding the front end of my truck into a rather large rock denting my front fender corner in. You can't even see it, which sucks. Heh heh.

Anywho, for the last blast I drove over a real big rock and came off it too fast and didn't have my spotter/cameraman out of the truck and so I landed the rear diff on a rock leaving one tire in the air. Yeah RJ, we can go wheeling a little bit before we lock the rear! PHBBBBT! I tried to get the front to just pull me over but it dug a hole for itself. The enter the dramatics, I have noticed since I''ve owned the truck one hub was loose, but it always pulled the front so no matter, but when I was rocking it back and forward to get over the rock, KABOOM there went both hubs, now both loose. They were Milemarkers, which Mike said were crap, so I'll pick up some Warn ones from him as soon as I can afford it. I'm not upset about it, and I learned a bit too. I though for sure it was a joint or soemthing, with all the paranoia from the D60 people, but it was just a crap hub.

So I dinked around with a bottle jack trying to get a rock under the tire that was in the air but I just had a friend yank me off when he happened by. Overall it was fun and educational. Wheeeeee!

And then there would be pictures....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mike Blake recommended Warm Premiums for a good hub, do you agree or no?

2. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

So much for Tread Lightly.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> RJ wheels on private land, and you'll notice the complete lack of any spinning tires and such, other than the one hole the front tire dug. Others on here have posted pictures and videos of alot worse without so much as a peep out of people over it. </font color>

4. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Fair enough. I apologize for jumping to conclusions. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

5. Resurrection_Joe

It's a small pile of rocks a farmer pulled out of his field so he could farm it. It's 10 feet from a two track. The tracks in the grass are the path up the hill to one angle of the rocks, and the other is straight from the two track to the rocks. How do you think trails are made, you do'nt voodoo your truck to the obstacle eh /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ?

Well, anyway, it happened that the person who owns it hires workers one of which is my cousin and he informed me that he does not very much care what I do there. There is a small dug up rut 2x2 foot in the grass, I would have offered to fill it in if the owner asked but it's prarie grass.

I do feel slightly bad about a few things that went on, like not being prepared and getting stuck unnecessarily, and not having express person to person permission, but in all honestly it wasn't anything completely horrible.

I accept the validity of your comment, though it was slightly rude. Far be it from me to rip up any terrain unnecesarrily, but prairie grass isnt exactly farmable, usable, or hard to get back. Anyway that's not an excuse, but anyway, like Shaggs said, it's private land, not public, and the only damage was one new made flattened grass trail and the little hole I dug.

Anyyyyyway, I do believe greatly in Tread Lightly, and am sorry if anyone thinks I screwed up the weeds /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

6. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Hey RJ, When did you get hair over your headbone? Last pic of you I saw, you were shiny-looking on top. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I am a Warn fan but I hardly think you need to drop the extra on the Premiums. I have had both and wheel with guys running the standards and they never have problems. Premiums are just a shiny way to say "Ive spent money". /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

7. Resurrection_Joe

Er heh, I grew hair back over the summer, but in fact, the small man sitting on the floor of my truck is not in fact me. Way too small to be me. Anywho here's me! By Shaggy's standard I'm almish now.

[​IMG]

So the premiums aren't worth it mechanical wise? I was gonna paint them flat black when installed, any harm in that? I just like the blacked out look of my wheels.

Adios

R "Grassflattener" J

(hehehehehe)