Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about 1.25 ton military 14 bolt rear locker

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jstevenj, Sep 6, 2002.

1. jstevenj

jstevenj Registered Member

Can anyone tell me from experience exactly what type locker is in the CUCV 1.25 ton military 14 bolt rear axle. I know it is some sort of locking, I've heard it's a Detroit or maybe a gov-loc. I'm looking for someone who has actually bought one and opened it up, not just something someone has heard. I have a chance to buy a few of these sight unseen and am trying to weigh my options before I buy them. I'll also be getting the D60 fronts - maybe. I lnow there's a limited slip in the front. Please help.

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

They are a Detroit. Yes I am positive since I do sell alot of them.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

The rears have the Detroit Lockers. Trust me. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

The fronts, according to someone else, were a 40/60 deal, where 40% had the Trac-Lok's and 60% were open difs.

I've only heard ( /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ) of the fronts having the posi in the M1028 or M1031 trucks. M1008's mainly had open difs.

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I'll throw my experience in backing both the pervious posts 100%... And yes, my junk started out as an M1008 so this is not hear-say…