Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question about 203 part time kit -UPDATE- confirm that I am a bonehead

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by xnoahx, Feb 23, 2003.

1. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Ok, Ive got the kit and I was reading the instructions and they say that after removing the planetary ring gear there is a spacer on the shaft on 73 models that needs to be replaced with one from 74 or later. This wasn't included with the kit as far as i can tell(came with the four gear wedges, two rings and roller bearing and two shims.) Where could I get this part, the directions say its required for the kit./forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
    I also read the write up the Grim did but it doesnt say anything about this spacer(he was working on a 75 though)

<font color="red">UPDATE</font> :
    is the spacer that I need the bearing assembly that came with the kit? if it is im going to drop my toolbox on my foot for being so foolish. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

2. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Re: quick question about 203 part time kit install

anyone? if i dont get a reply, im going to do something stupid and defy the directions and used my old one

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Any salvage yards in your area where you can pull yourown parts ???

4. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Yeah, there are, but I would like to avoid tearting apart a t-case for just a spacer. Ill probably give mile marker a call and see what they have to say

5. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Dude, I was just getting ready to ask the same question. TTT. Hope you get some good answers. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

6. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

I got a good reply from mile marker, they said the part that they say to use was discontinued by GM and just to grind the top step off the spacer, so I did. I ran into some other troubles with the kit though, the two washers that go on either side of the bearing with the kid broke, Ive got another post about it but here are some pics:
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifBROKEN STUFF/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif