Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about 4" raised steering arms. Geometry gurus needed!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by y5mgisi, Aug 25, 2004.

1. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Question about 4\" raised steering arms. Geometry gurus needed!

I know it sounds like a stupid question but... My blazer has a 6" lift with a 6" rasied steering arm off the knuckle. My suburban has a 4" lift with a 4" raised arm. My problem is that the blazer has a CRAPY turning radius(both directions) But the burb turns so sharp it only stops turning casue of the stops down at the knucke where they hit the axel. The burb could probly turn inside of the blazers turnng circle.

So my question is is are different brads of arms desinged with differnt geometry(if even slightly) than other brands. Becasue If my thinking is correct, The closer the draglink mounting hole is to the knuckle, The tighter the steering would be. And the further out (or closer to the spring) the draglink mounting hole was, than the more leverage it would have but less turing capability. So corect me if im wrong and also does any one have a pic of there rancho or pro comp 4" raised steering arm?

Again to clarify im thinking that the burb has an arm that puts the draglink mount in closer to the knuckle than the steering arm on the blazer and that if i got an arm that was just like the one on the burb for the blazer than it would turn just as sharp as the burb, and give me les bump steer as the draglink would be more parallel to the arch of the springs. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif