Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question about 89-91 chevy grill

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazentank, Jul 17, 2002.

1. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

How do you get the stupid chevy emblem off i have been to the junk yard and i broke two so far I also noticed that some of the chevy emblems are recessed and some are not am i correct about that. The reason i want to know all of this is b/c when i bought my newer front clip it was gmc well i like the chevy grille better so i bought a non oem stock grille it looks like the cheap one in the lmc mag but the one in the junkyard have a reccesed cutout in the grille for the bowtie the reason for this question is i'm trying to find a bowtie to put on my grille but the stock grilles are a little different from the cheap one i have disomeone please confirm this for me or someone call me stupid please

2. bUrLyBlAzEr89

bUrLyBlAzEr89 Registered Member

my friend ordered a gmc grill too! haha my question is i have a 89 blazer and im wondering if i can put on a aftermarket 88-95 chevy grill or if i have to make small modifications?

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

The earlier emblems (pre '88) as far as I know use nuts on plastic posts in the back, if that answers your question.

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I've been helping afriend paint the one on his 97 Tahoe, and its got plastic nuts holding it on...and I don't think you can make parts from a 88-93 PU grille interchange...those grilles are curved a lot and k5's have a very small curve, if they have one at all.

5. blazentank

All i'm talking about is the bowtie from the 89-91 chevy blazer and suburban. all i want to know now is how do you get the bowtie off it is stuck on with some type of glue and when i try to pry it up or anything i break it in half.

6. bUrLyBlAzEr89

bUrLyBlAzEr89 Registered Member

try heating it up cause some times they use that sick glue crap on it and just heat it up a little and try that

7. blazentank

that is what i was going to do i will try that one on the next one

8. dduckblazer

dduckblazer Registered Member

Just an Idea. Cut it out. Take it home and trim it down with a dremel tool. Untill your left with just the emblem