Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question about a set of tires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hardcore_rob, Jan 30, 2003.

1. hardcore_rob

hardcore_rob 1/2 ton status

whats the general oppinion on the bf goodrich all terrain. got a chance to hit a set of 35x12.5/16.5 for 350.00. 2 tires almost brand new, 2 have about 5,000 miles on them. just hope they are still there when i get my tax money back and can actually buy a set...

other options include a set up 33 inch phantom a/t from discount tire at 104 per tire installed.

or 33 inch dakota rvt from pep boys at 97.99 per tires installed

what would you guys think about my choices?

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

BFG's are cool, sounds like a good deal... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

That is a very good deal I just sold a set of the new KM All terrians for 450$ that were pretty much new. They work well for trails and rock, not so great in sloppy mud, never used them in sand. All in all a good tire though.

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

That is a great deal!

The BFG AT's are great tires for a daily driver and they actually do pretty good off road. I got 50k+ miles on the last set I owned and they handled great.

They will load up with mud if you get into the goey stuff but for that price they are a bargain!

5. hardcore_rob

i thought so too. it was a godsend i think, great price, size was what i wanted and workes for my rims, and i am about ready to buy, now, been holding off till i got my w2's now i just need to get in and file my taxes and buy the tires.....hope their still there. damnit.......

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that is a good deal but the at's suck off road so if you wheel in the mud you wont like them /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

7. hardcore_rob

yeah, i hear that. my primary driving unfortunatly is on road. big pavement pounder here. but the tires i have now are about dead, close to 0% tread..... they burned pretty bad when my father in law had the truck and needed an alignment. and the fact that they are around a 30 inch tire doesnt help the looks any. so a 33 or 35 should make a huge improvement.

8. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you found deal.Like said can get better offroad tire.16.5s don't air down too well,but,won't matter on road.BFGs are good tire. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

my bfg at's only lasted about 12000 to 15000 miles beforew they were dead.the sidewalls are very week in my opinion.i got a flat almost every time i wheeled with them.but since you are on road mostly i wouldnt worry much about that.i got the cheap wallmart tires and they lasted about 20000 miles now and are about dead.i will never buy the a/t's ever agian.for that price it is a bargain though and id say worth it.

10. hardcore_rob

went and checked them out. they look damn near brand new. picking them up today.

11. hardcore_rob

sweet. i officially OWN a set of BFG 35'S. they are gonna look sweet...

12. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

bfg at's are great tires. my parents run em on the back of the full size vans. you can really stretch some miles out of em. as far as them sucking offroad it depends on what you do. if you plan to go boggin then get a bogger /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif but for rocks and dirt they do really well. i keep tossin the idea around about gettin a set when i go to do tires but the 37" ers are really over priced

p.s. the dakotas aren't that bad for a pepboys tire thats what i got now. they came on my blazer

13. hardcore_rob

"the dakotas aren't that bad for a pepboys tire thats what i got now. they came on my blazer "

would have been my next choice...

14. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

BFG AT's will suprise you how good they are offroad there no swamper but if you dive on the street and in the woods there a great tire.

15. mdm365

mdm365 1/2 ton status

I have bfg at's on my rig and I have been in the sand mud and rocks with them.For the daily driver there the choice for me for to reasons.the first is the price I got mine for 98.00 each now around 130.00 each still a good price.Second I have had mts and had a blow out could not fine a replacment at the time they were back orderd for a month but the at's were in stock so I went with a set and have hade no problems....just my two cents!! mike /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

16. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

you'll like them, I have 35 x 15 BFG A/T on my truck and can go just about anywhere with them, and on road thay are great...oh, I got mine for $275.00 brand new from a guy who bought them for his jeep and they wouldn't fit. thats a great deal for them... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. hardcore_rob

18. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Ran BFG ATs on wifes cherokee.Good tires,watch air pressure on road,if low it causes heat buildup in sidewalls cause they are stiffer than street radials.Low pressure killed two of hers. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif