Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about a truck I don't have a title to.. what can I do?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rocko, Oct 1, 2002.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Question about a truck I don\'t have a title to.. what can I do?

I have a 1994 Tracker I purchased from a soldier leaving the military.. he didn't have the title and he told me when he get's home, he'd sent it to me..
    Well the truck is titled in Illinois, and he never returned home. He gave me his mothers address in Illinois where he was supposed to move back to, but never made it. And his mother gave me his phone number, turns out he never left texas, Every time I call, I get a answering machine or the phone just cancels the call.. guess he's monitoring his calls.
    What can be done? I have a Bill of Sale, and I don't know how Texas and Illinois share info...
    Has anyone run across this? and how much did it cost, what paperwork do I need from Texas Dept. of Transportation?
    I want to be able to get this thing legal and sell it... it's just a carcass in the garage..
    Thanks for any advice and info.. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Question about a truck I don\'t have a title to.. what can I do?

You could call him from a friend's phone...maybe he'll answer

3. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Go down to the DMV, explain the situation and apply for a lost title. That is probably the quickest way for you to get it straightened out.

Mike

4. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

I ran into this same hassle with a car I bought and my friend had lost the title. He moved away and I thought I could apply for a new one. I had to get a blank copy and send it to him and have him fill out the information. Then the new one gets sent to him and then he can legally sell it to me. They told me my other option was to go to the county court where the car was titled last and depending on the circumstances they could do a title search and issue me a new one. The second one I listed may be the way you need to go. These of course are the MN rules, not sure what it is where you live.

5. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

or you could just put 31 inch tires on it and lets go see what that little thing can do /forums/images/icons/smile.gif