Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about ABS

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Stickseler, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Last week my ABS light on the Sub went on, I checked it and it gave a code 25..Left speed sensor, I know nothing about ABS but looked @gmpartsdirect and its $50 bucks, I'm going to check NAPA tomorow but the question is since I know nothing about ABS shoud I throw money after parts or take it to the shop and have them look at it.

I wouldn't wory about it but my inspection is due this month and I dont know if they will pass it with the light on /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

**Warning*- talking out of my ass here**

The sensors are out at the rotors. You might want to find them (look for the strange looking tan or white cable) and check for damage or dirt. The sensors use a reluctor ring on the rotor. You might have dislodged the sensor or damaged the wires. I have a 94 Caprice with I think the same sensors on both front wheels. I could grab them and send a picture for you to compare. I would gladly send them to you if so. James.

3. Stickseler

I found the sensor lastnight, it dosent look that hard to get to...never took a rotor off where I had to do the wheel bearing, but it dosent look that hard. I'm going to check some compatabilites tonight and goto Brandywine junkyard on Saturday but I'll keep you in mind if I can't find anything.

4. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Brandywine junkyard

[/ QUOTE ]

Been there a few times. I think they are a bit expensive, but usually have what you need. Let me know if you want to check out the sensors off of my Caprice. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Stickseler

10 Bucks for the dust shield with ABS the guy at the yard said that was a rare find since most of the spindels are cut off in one piece He was right it was the only one in the yard and on the last row of trucks. It came of an IFS Crewcab. (I picked up the K-5 a/c Blower for 5 /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif)
    Put it on yesterday with the help of Big Pappa b /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Works like a champ /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

6. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Cool! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif