Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about Axles and where to get a d60

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84silverK5, Dec 19, 2001.

1. 84silverK5

84silverK5 Registered Member

I need a d60 front, and i think ive noticed that old school dodges have the diff on the same side as a chevy does, (passenger) Is this true? i think d60s are more common in these dodges cuz im yet to see a chev with a d60 front, can somone tell me if it is pretty much a bolt up swap, or is there welding involved?? Thank you

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

the dodge dana 60 spring pearches are just a tad off but can be forced to work without changing anything but in my opinion they should be moved they are not even a half inch diferent on each side

wheeling videoshttp://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Josh, there is one for sale I believe - a member of the Oregon Bushhackers - sign up for their email list (we are not a true club but a gathering of 4 wheelers) at www.oregonbushhackers.org if you are interested in joining and/or look into that Dodge front axle more.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

4. 84silverK5

84silverK5 Registered Member

Gracias, thx both for the info, ill look into the Bushackers thing i want some more wheeling buddies, only got a few buddies with rigs, and even fewer actually use them