Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question about bfg's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by George_Pimpdaddy, Sep 21, 2005.

1. George_Pimpdaddy

George_Pimpdaddy 1/2 ton status

hey i have an 89 full size blazer and about 2 months ago i put on 2 new rear bfg all terrains (31x10.5x15) and now im hunting for a new set for either the rear or front. my question is can i put on the bfg same size mud terrains on the back where i have a posi and keep my all terrains up front? would this offer good off road traction? i really dont want to have to buy 4 new tires at least not yet but maybe in a month or 2 i would. thanks for the help

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

If there all the same size , and all radials , I don't see a problem . Know a couple guys who did just that .

I always thought you couldn't mix radials and bias ply regardless of size .

3. George_Pimpdaddy

sweet thanks so much i think im goin to the tire shop today then i really want the muds on the back and the all terrains on the front also due to wear and street driving. :wink1:

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Up until the mid-80's somewhere, chevy used to offer different tread patterens front and rear if you wanted on C trucks, but not on 4x4's. Well I can't see a huge problem with it, my gut says if you drive on-road alot it's probably not the best thing to do.

5. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

get the new ones from BFG, they should be pretty close OD to the all terrains.you cant drive on hard surfaces in 4wd anyway so any minimal height differences shouldnt be a problem. if you had a fulltime transfercase then i wouldnt reccomend it.

6. George_Pimpdaddy

illl post up some pics when i get time to take a pic today :D