Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about body styles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by florida4x4, Dec 27, 2002.

1. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

Hey y'all, I thinking about getting a 1991 gmc/chevy suburban but I getting confuzed about body styliing. specifically does the 1991 have the 4 lowprofile headlights or is that optional or 92 and up? I just saw pics of a 1990 and it only has 2 big style lights... wrong clip? Also is the silverado package available on GMC models?

thanks for any help. is there a site that details the different grills and trim packages? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

There is a cheaper version of the fronts where it is only one headlight. Most of them came with the nicer 4 headlight version.

3. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

thanks sandman, do you know of any sites that show pics of the differing body styles, options, etc?

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

What you are looking at with the '91 is the "V" series truck. These are still the "old body style" trucks like the '73-'86 K-series.
    '87 marked the first year of the "V" designation. Even though they had the "old body style", they ran up to '91.

In '88 with the new body style trucks, they retained the "K" series designation, but used the newer body and the IFS crap.
    Blazers and Subs in the "K" series of the new body style didn't come out until '92, so watch out for those designations. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

No, I dont. Sorry.

6. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

might want to try lmc truck, they have catalogs with diagrams on the different body styles for replacement parts ordering, the cheaper and fleet styles had the single headlight, with the optioned out models having the two side by side headlights