Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question about brother's wrangler

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stizkidz, Apr 21, 2006.

1. stizkidz

stizkidz 1/2 ton status

My brother has a 98 Wrangler with the 6 cyl. When he changed his oil yesterday, I was poking around under the hood and noticed that the overflow container for the rad looked dirty. I opened it up and found it to contain a nasty mixture of oil and coolant. I opened up the rad cap and the coolant looked green and showed no signs of having oil on it. The exhaust smells fine and does not smoke at all. It has no perfromace loss and shows no signs of overheating or cooling issues whatsoever. So what does this mean? Minor leak at head gasket I'm thinking?

2. BizeeB65

BizeeB65 1/2 ton status

Could be... Any coolant in the old oil? Any leaks on the top of the engine allowing coolant and oil to mix? I think with some more poking and prodding, you will realize its a jeep and you'll never understand... :haha:

3. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

It's probably just rust scale. Very common for jeeps. Fush the entire system out real good, then keep checking the new coolant to make sure it stays clean.