Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question about cab mounts..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Oct 12, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

are the cab mounts...i mean like the floor supports..are they atached right to the bottom of the cab? they arent part of the frame right..? does any one have some good pics of them underneath..cause i think i may have some problems going on there..with the one that goes all the way from the right to the left sides of the truck..i will get pics up asap..but only got one working computer now..man 4 puters and one works.. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

If you mean the rubber mount part, no, those are separate parts. The rubber mounts also have a steel washer/thingie in them, too.

If you meant the steel part that is welded to the underside of the cab floors, yes, those are a part of the body.

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i ment the steel supports..thats what i thought...but no i didnt mean the body mounts..cuase i was looking at them..and im going to need to fix some of the supports..and put new body mounts in to...i dread this..they are going to have to be just about cut out!!

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

It's not too hard to replace those since they are spot welded in place. Just a matter of pressure washing the underside before you start and then looking for the spots to drill out. Once the spots are drilled out, remove the rusty mount and install the new one. Weld new spots and you are done.

In reality, this was a simple quick thru on how to do this job. There is more involved in order to do a good, lasting job. Let's see what others have to say about this job as far as R&R goes. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

by cab mounts od you mean the support channels that support the floor.cause thats what im talking about..