Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about differences between '89 and '90 K5, (rollcage related)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by triger, Mar 20, 2003.

1. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

Question about differences between \'89 and \'90 K5, (rollcage related)

<font color="green">I am wondering if The areas that may be different are the location of the shoulder strap spool on the door jam and differences in the body mounts where the cage bolts down to. Would any body know this info? I have been emailing with Mike at Echobit and he is not sure and is willing to send me geometric measurements of the cage to see if I would have any problems mounting their cage /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif Any help would be appreciated! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

T </font>

2. K05Aggie

K05Aggie 1/2 ton status

Re: Question about differences between \'89 and \'90 K5, (rollcage related)

The body mounts are the same for sure. 89's don't have shoulder straps in the back. The front shoulder straps are the same.

3. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

Re: Question about differences between \'89 and \'90 K5, (rollcage related)

<font color="green"> So the shoulder strap is near your ear and the lower near your hip? Also is the lower part on the inside of the panel or outside of the panel? I think that was there biggest worry, I hope the body mounts are the same though, I can always move the seatbelts... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

T </font>