Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about disc conversion!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SlyDog, Mar 10, 2002.

1. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Do you have to use the rotors and calipers from the same year as the 14 bolt ? Thanks !

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

No. What is the underlying question/problem/goal?

Only recently has the 14 bolt been introduced with disks but I don't think you are talking about this option.

You will need to decide on calipers (e-brkae or not is the biggest decision) and then get the backing plates from the people on this site or other vendors.

3. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

You can use rotors and calipers from a 70's front Dana 44.
    Go to Autozone and tell them you want some rotors, brake pads and calipers from a 1979 3/4 ton Chevrolet 4x4.

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

79 K20's had Corporate 10 bolts not D44's. I don't think the rotor is much different, but the calipers are and use different fittings (different diameter and/or length banjo bolts). So is it a D44 or 10 bolt caliper he wants? Asking because I would like to know too. Thanks

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

autozone part number for rotors is 5523 they run around $30.00 each, check out their website. they were the cheapest i found and made in the same place as those other more expensive places.

ARQ.