Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about gauges

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mpastor, Dec 19, 2002.

1. mpastor

mpastor Newbie

I have an '81 2WD Blazer w/o a factory Tach. I'd like to know if it's possible to add the Tach and a small
    fuel gauge simply by replacing the circuit panel with one that accommodates these, or if there would be
    additional wiring to be done.
    Thanks,
    Mark

2. prerunner1982

prerunner1982 1/2 ton status

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

That is sweet looking, is there any chance you can get a pic of what the back looks like? Are those all aftermarket guages?

4. prerunner1982

prerunner1982 1/2 ton status

They are Autometer Procomp guages. check out his site for more info! [​IMG]

5. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Yes, you can aquire a good factory tach assembly and it will bolt up to your dash with minimal wiring hassle. ebay has them fairly often. They aren't as cool as the above pics, but quite a bite less costly.

6. agrezy1

agrezy1 Registered Member

love those gauges my burb has one of those piece of crap dakota digital dashes nothing like driving down the road at night with this buck rogers looking dash glareing in your face only thing worse is the yahoo i bought the truck from paid 800.00 for it i really like the ones you used nice job. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif