Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question about K5 Blazer on eBay for sale

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudderfudder, Nov 4, 2005.

1. mudderfudder

mudderfudder Newbie

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

That's a first gen. Those in good shape go for high dollor. In all honesty, you may want too look in For sale forum .

3. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I've got an 85 that I would sell to a CK5 member for $2800.00. It is the family "spare blazer" with lots of new parts.

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

That truck looks fairly original, and if it's lived it's whole life in Texas...it will be a relatively rust-free truck. (There is no such thing as a 100% rust free K5!)

As was already mentioned that truck is from the first generation of Blazers (1969 - 1972)....full convertible and quite a bit more rare than the later models. I wouldn't be surprised if that eBay truck went for something close to $10,000.

Depending on what your plans are for it, you may not want to pay the premium price that a 1st Gen Blazer typically commands.....especially if, for example, you want to build a trail rig that you plan on bashing up and destroying anyway.

:usaflag:

5. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

This is a quote from a member. He did not get the reserve so he may still have it for sale.

6. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

True, so true. My sons friend bought a sweet first gen. All he will do with it is play in the mud because he is worried about body damage. No hills, creeks, rocks, steep angles. Kind of a waste IMO. But, to each his own. I bought a sweet low milage Blazer with a perfect body. Paid top dollar and flew to another state to get it. I wish I had bought a 1500.00 beater that I could have gone wild with from the start, because that body isn't perfect any more, and the money I would have saved would have paid for a couple of D60s and lockers.

7. mudderfudder

mudderfudder Newbie

thanks for the input. the reason i liked this one is because it looks original, not to mention it is in dallas like me. i emailed the seller to see if i can go look at it in person. i dont know if 10 grand is in my budget though if it goes for that. i already have a jeep beater to do my dirty work offroad, but this would be a nice grocery getter to keep it from getting broke. i would hate to screw up a nice original truck like that!

8. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If your looking for a fun driver/grocery getter, then a 1st gen K5 can't be beat.
    That one looks to be in pretty decent shape too. (pics always look good though)

Won't ever depreciate either.

Just over 6K now, good luck.

9. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

If you seriously want a Blazer for a good price, then you need to look at my auction again. The original one ended, but I relisted it, so just search for 1970 Blazer on ebay. My reserve isn't very high (much lower than the one you linked here) and my Blazer is almost as well done as that one. The description pretty much tells all tales about the truck that I know... if you have any questions that I didin't cover in the auction listing, feel free to ask.

10. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status