Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about lifts.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MA87K5, Jun 22, 2002.

1. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

What brand of lifts will be best if I wanted to lift my Blazer 3"? But not lose the load capacity. And without puting blocks. I would like it to be a little softer ride then stock. And on a funny note. Last weekend we had a fast and hard rain storm and water was collecting under an underpass with very bad drainage and when I can to it I saw a jeep cherokee in the middle. The water was up to the top of its tires. So I decided to go around him, as I was creating a small wave in front of my truck, and I looked at the jeep as I went by and the wave lifted him up a little and moved him to the side a couple of inches. There was traffic on both sides of the underpass waiting for the water to go down. I guess he though his jeep was like the one on the tv commercial that came out of the stream. I actually wanted to pull him out but I had a prior engagement with no time to waste.

2. fisher1648

fisher1648 Registered Member

I don't really know which lift is best for your application but I'd like to pass on a "heads-up". I ordered 2.5" lift front and 2.5" lift rear springs from Rancho. After the install, I had the ole blazer butt sag. Seems this is common. I figured 2.5 in the front and rear shoud keep it level - wrong ! There is some kind of new math that occurs when lifting a Blazer and I have yet to figure it out. To get mine level I had to add 2" blocks to the rear in addition to the new springs - go figure. This issue might be specific to Rancho but I see many Blazers sagging after a lift. I may be wrong but it seems that 2.5" front and 4" rears would do the trick without blocks.

Find out for sure if the lift you are considering will level the truck. Also, the Ranchos seem pretty stiff and harsh and I'd likley do something different if I was to do it again.

Anybody else had this issue ??