Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about lockers, which one is better???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by triger, Apr 2, 2003.

1. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

<font color="green">OK i found some cheap lockers and wondering which is better? It is between the Quick lok and the detroit tru trac? Anyone know which is better and any other suggestions? Also how good is the rear detroit locker?

I have found a kit including 4.56 front &amp; rear ring and pinions install kit , front quick lok and rear detriot locker for about 1000.00 or

4.56 front &amp; rear ring and pinions install kit , front quick lok and rear detriot locker for about 1100.00?

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

T </font>

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i would try for deeeee-troits front and rear. take alot to bust a deeee-troit. what axles are you running?

3. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i would try for deeeee-troits front and rear.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> I did think about that but it would run me another 300.00 which is really way out of the budget, which it is already but I can't seem to stop spending money on this damn thing.</font>

[ QUOTE ]
    what axles are you running?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green">Have to run with my stock 10 bolts cause of money issues there is no local bone yards with axles for me and I have been looking for months now.

/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif So much to get but so little money to spend....

Thanks
    T </font>

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

locking up a 10B rear will be problems, IMHO.

i have seen 14BFF with 4.10's and deeee-troits for ~$500, which is almost what it would cost for the deee-troit and install (or are you doing it yourself?)

what is your budget for the lockers?

5. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="green">

I have found a kit including 4.56 front &amp; rear ring and pinions install kit , front quick lok and rear detriot locker for about 1000.00 or

4.56 front &amp; rear ring and pinions install kit , front quick lok and rear detriot locker for about 1100.00?

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

T </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

is there some difference i'm missing?? those looke the same except one is $100 more /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

well, if you got a grand, I'd be looking for a 14BFF with a detroit in it, and a 8-lug front.

a locker in the rear is a dramatic increase.

7. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Hey triger, do a search for 14 bolts in NJ. Someone just posted a link to a yard with a whole bunch of them. Also try PMing wayne (that's his username). He has access to a lot of parts. He's not too far away (Gettysburg). For less than $1000, you can get a 14 bolt with 4.11s or higher number-wise with a locker in it.