Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question about mechanical gauge?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bross82, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Bross82

Bross82 1/2 ton status

I picked up a mechanical gauge to test against my electrical one thats giving very low to now oil pressure readings. I read over the directions a few times, and found it mentioned nothing about a large "fitting" that comes out of it.

here is what the back of the gauge looks like:
    (ignore the equal signs, if i put more than one space it condensed the text so there was only one space between characters)

/-------------------\
    /=====()=====\ <--- where it says to connect the hex nut
    |===========| ferrule, and tubing
    |===()====()==| <--- studs to hold on some bracket
    |====__=====|
    |====/==\====| &lt;---<font color="red"> random giant hole </font>
    \====\__/====/ its roughly an inch long and
    \-------------------/ a little over 1/4" in diameter

it says nothing about what to do with this. does this need to be connected to something, do nothing with it and leave it open, or something else????

i am going to see what i can do about installing it tomorrow morning so i can start to figure out my oil pressure problems.

thanks for the help,
    matt

2. caryhenry

caryhenry Registered Member

On the mechanical gauges I've seen, that large hole is usually for a light to backlight the gauge at night.

3. Bross82

Bross82 1/2 ton status

OOOOHHHHHH....... LOL.. thanks, that was stupid. i forgot about the light, since it doesnt mention it in the directions for hooking up the gauge itself. i just wanted to make sure something didnt need to be connected and have oil come spraying out that hole.

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif,
    matt