Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about mud hardener

Discussion in 'The Body Shop' started by norville, Mar 8, 2006.

1. norville

norville 1/2 ton status

A stones throw from Pargon Mountaintop Pa
    Hey folks,

I have a quick question for all. Is creame hardener all the same?? I've seen red, black and blue? I have some bonding adheasive that the black creame hardener is "hard".:) I found some replacement but it's like $10 for a small tube. Can I use some of the universal stuff I see advertized? Is a catalyst a catalyst? I've seen universal hardener for poly, glass, ect..

thanks
    bob

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yup, creme hardener is Benzoyl Peroxide (BOP) its all the same... comes in various colors depending on manufacturer...

not to be confused with MEKP (Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide), a clear hardener for poly resins...

3. norville

norville 1/2 ton status

A stones throw from Pargon Mountaintop Pa
    thanks

bob

4. jaros44

jaros44 1/2 ton status

Dude, I'm impressed, you really know your sh!t. I've had the same situation had more bondo and no hardner, took a chance and it worked.
    How's the "vista cruiser" coming? Later J.

5. ryoken

haha, thanks.... every dog has his day. :wink1:

been around a long time and am just full of autobody tidbits, or just full of it. :haha:

floor is mostly done.. just need to do a little dyna-glass work on the dogleg and undercoat the floor... all told, i think i had about 16 different patchs in it... :haha: gotta snap some better pics tommorrow... this guys a hack, doesn't like to do things right. so i kinda have to sneak in some decent work with him... :doah:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. jaros44

jaros44 1/2 ton status

Nice work!!! Looks alot different than the other pics. Is that cream colored stuff a seam sealer? Thanks for the pics, I guess nothing is ever to far gone to be restored!
    Later J.

7. ryoken

yup, seam sealer... quickest, reasonable way to go about it.. most of the joints are fully welded and ground, threw a little primer down, then seam sealer....

this guy always has some work for me.. i do well with his stuff, charge him $30 or 35 an hr cash, depending on what i'm doing for him..

next week i'm putting in new difs in 2 of his Cutlass's.. both will be a bear.. totally rotted... gonna end up doing all new control arm bushings and stuff...

but after that i need to start a real job... got a couple of marina's heavily interested in me, just need to decide which one to go for... :doah: :haha: