Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question about my 3/4 ton and things i have done to the blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big_bad_blazer, Dec 11, 2003.

1. big_bad_blazer

big_bad_blazer Registered Member

Hay guys and girls what is up. I just figured I would tell you about my big project that is almost done. I have a 73 blazer that has been parked for 3 months now. It just started by pulling the transfer case I was going to swap a 205 instead of a 203 well I pulled that and then I figure why not just rebuild the tyranny too so I pulled that I built my th 350 and put in a sift kit and some HD parts. I work at BG&S transmission so I have all the tools available. So I get that done and then my 205 comes in from the junkyard. Cost me 250 dollars. I figured it would be good but I looked at it and seals where leaking so I figure what the hell I will rebuild that too /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif so I do it then, you all know how the 205s are shorter and weigh less so the drive shafts would not work. But then I saw a 3/4 ton truck for sale that did not run /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif so I was like what the hell I could use them 3/4 tons haha so I bought it ripped off the 3/4 ton and I figured what the hell as long as I am doing this might as well go all out. So I put in a 1200dollor order for a Detroit locker a quick slip for the front 456 gears and rebuld kits, hu my u joint I had custom made they are an inch thick now. I have it all put together and I pulled the drive shafts off that truck because they are longer and i can have them cut down for way cheaper then they can be bought ohh ya i just got 8 bolt 15inch rims and here is where the question comes in the rims come in mon. so will I have to do any grinding I know on the Dana 60 you guys have a add pasted about that and you have to grind it. But are the calibers bigger on the 3/4 because it is still a Dana 44 just diff hubs I think huu I do not know I was just wondering if I will have to do any grinding. well get bake to me on this ohh ya I also feel like I stole tires from the guy at the pawn shop he did not have any room to put them so he told me if I could get them out of there right now he would give em to me for 150 dollars they where 35 inch tsl's score /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif an they are just as wide as my old ones and just as tall too , they fit on a 10 in wide rime or 12 in but they have 80 percent tred hahaah well I am getting tired of typing just thought I would shair alittle maybe I will take some pics ,someone get back to me on the grinding if i will have to or not thank see ya all /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

3/4 ton Dana 44 front and 8 lug 15" steel wheels: you won't have to grind if you have rims with 2 3/4" backspacing. 4.125" backspacing...yes, grinding for sure (and a fair amount). 3.5" (not too common of a size)...yes, grinding, but only a little bit.