Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about my computer...............

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyDrivnRdneck, Dec 28, 2002.

1. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

OK the computer crashed... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif...I got it going again and now I am running XP proffesional instead of ME. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifEverything is working better and faster than before except I can't get it to "see" the camera. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif The program to extract the photos from the camera is working........but it keeps telling me that the camera is not "attached to the com port????????? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
    it worked fine before......but now it won't read the ports..did I do something wrong or is there something I can do to fix the problem??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifThanks for any help!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

You might have to load in the motherboard drivers. Windows update might have them but check your Motherboard CD or go to thier website and see if you can get them. Thats my best guess.

3. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

What kind of camera is it? Mine does that too so I have to download the drivers from panasonics website.

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Yep diffrent drivers for XP.. I had to get all new drivers also..

5. ChevyDrivnRdneck

I downloaded the drivers from panasonic.........the program works. It keeps telling me that the camera is not connected. I've tried relooading all the drivers, for the camera and the port. Exiting the program, turning the camera off and then back on and trying the program.....I can get the program to get pictures, just not from the camera. I've tried 2 different ports and configuring to that port and it still doesn't work!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Have you tried hitting it? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It might not fix your computer, but you might feel better/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. ChevyDrivnRdneck

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Have you tried hitting it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope,but I've kicked a few times!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Go to Panosonics website and see if they have diffrent drivers for windows XP Does the driver say it is for windows XP???

9. ChevyDrivnRdneck

Yes the driver I downloaded was for xp.......the problem is with the port.......it won't read the port....and 2 of the 4 are "unavailable" I need to fix this thing if I'm going to get pictures of Hollister...... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I have to go to bed now.......have to get up for coffee and donuts early tomorrow!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Check the Bios and make sure the ports are available and turned on/addressed, long shot, but worth a try.

When you connect the camera, does windows XP see it in device mangler? It may or may not, the program may have to poll the port before the computer knows it's there.

11. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    does windows XP see it in device mangler?

[/ QUOTE ]
    haha "device mangler"

12. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure what model camera you have but the problems you are having sound exactaly like the problem I had. Mine is a panasonic SD4090. I had to uninstall the software that came with the camera. I used the "add new hardware wizard"
    Here are the instructions that came with the driver that i downloaded:
    1. Click the PVSD4090.EXE link to download this file to a directory on your
    hard drive or on a blank formatted floppy disk. This file contains zipped
    (compressed) files needed for driver installation.
    2. Go to the directory where you saved this file, and double-click on it.
    3. Unzip (un-compress) the files to a directory on your hard drive or floppy
    disk.
    4. Connect your PalmCam SuperDisk Camera to your Windows 2000 PC (via the
    included USB cable).
    5. Turn the camera ON and Windows 2000 will detect that a new USB device has
    been connected and will ask you for the driver (Usbsdd.inf) location.
    6. Go to the directory where you unzipped the files, and specify the file
    named "Usbsdd.inf."
    7. Windows 2000 will then automatically install the driver (Usbsdd.inf) for
    you.

Mine works fine now. It is recognized as a second floppy disc drive so all I have to do now is open up the "drive" and copy the pictures into my documents or wherever.

13. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Another problem I sometimes run into with XP is that the motherboard sometimes needs to be flashed with the latest version of the bios for all the functions to work correctly. Maybe check the version with the latest. And that is a shot in the dark. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif