Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about my hood on 88 blazer k5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88K5DT, Aug 7, 2005.

1. 88K5DT

88K5DT Registered Member

The front of my hood where it meets the grill sits higher on one side by about 1/2 an inch and is perfectly flush on the other.

Does anyone know how to fix this gap?

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

well this is an easy one lol

if you pop the hood on look on radiator support at each fender on top side there is a round rubber bumpstop mounted, it is adjustable,

adjust them

this is why GM put them there

if the hood wont sit tight on one or both of them then adjust your hood latch mechanism so that the hood shuts down farther- if the hood needs to go down farther on one or both sides- if is higher than one or both fenders*

if you just stop and study the rad support and latch and such you'll see how this all works, and how it is adjustable, its really all pretty basic :D

another possibility is that the side of the hood that is up too far may be up too far due to worn out hood hinge/spring, but only if the back of the hood is not down all the way also,
    if not then its matter of adjusting hood bump-stops and/or hood latch assembly

good luck

Last edited: Aug 7, 2005
  3. 88K5DT

88K5DT Registered Member

thanks for the help. Now my hood will sit right!