Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about my transfer case

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Yukon Jack, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

I've got my Rockwell T221 out while I'm getting ready to swap in a 454. Going ahead and making and replacing gaskets and putting in new seals. I have noticed the yoke that connects to the rear driveshaft has play in it. If you grab it you can move it out and in about 1/4" or maybe a little more. The front output does not have any play. When I was speaking to Brett with Boyce Equipment about a seal question he said that was not good and to investigate. He said it might be the bearings.

As I pull the rear output off tonight, any suggestions on what I should be looking for in way of problems? Maybe it will be obvious, but just thought I would get some suggestions. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Ya know, sometimes you just feel like an idiot. The play I was noticing was just because the adapter was off and allowed the yoke to push the bearing race out slightly - well, at least I'd rather be an idiot than have a transfer case problem! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif