Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about nails???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Apr 2, 2004.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Can someone show me what a "finish concrete nail"(whatever the [darn] that is) looks like and what a "galvinized spiral shank decking nail" look like....? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gifStory to follow...! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

A nail is a nail is a nail. There's fingernails, toenails, roofing nails, finishing nails, and of course nailing her..........What's the problem? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    What's the problem?

[/ QUOTE ] I'm putting up a 3 rail farm fence and the neighbor comes over and says I'm using concrete finishing nails, I just smiled and nodded and though whatever dude, this guy drinks way more than I do if you can believe that...WTF is a concrete finishing nail??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

Finish concrete nails are from Finland. You need good ol American nails.

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifThat was the only conclusion I could come up with too..... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[​IMG]
    This is a concrete nail.

7. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[​IMG]

Spiral Shank nail.
    [ QUOTE ]
    These are ideal for landscape timbers and log home construction. Spiral shanks hold tight. Available in Stormguard® Double Hot-Dipped Galvanized and Bright finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    A nail is a nail is a nail. There's fingernails, toenails, roofing nails, finishing nails, and of course nailing her..........What's the problem? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ] you obviouslly don't work construction. 12 pennies, 6 pennies, roofers, finishing nails, spiral shank, concrete nails, and coated 12 pennies off the top of my head. Can't say I've heard of finishing concrete nail, sounds like BS to me. If you are nailing into concrete you are usually building off that and it will be hidden either way.

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Concrete nails look nothing like the spiral shanks I was useing, this guy is off his rocker... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

Spiral Shank nail.
    [ QUOTE ]
    These are ideal for landscape timbers and log home construction. Spiral shanks hold tight. Available in Stormguard® Double Hot-Dipped Galvanized and Bright finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] We built log homes for a little bit, they were mainly screwed with some big lags and glued together.

11. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Concrete nails tend to be Black because there hardened and Spiral nails tend to be Silver cause they are galvanized /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Then theres also the Cut nail which looks like it sounds..cut from a sheet insted of round. Dont forget the ever popular ring shank and the screw shank which is slightly diferent that a spiral shank. Now if the heads about 3/8"-1/4" its a deck nail but if its a hair over an 1/8" then its a siding nail.